- Olestra = leads to diarrhea, and interferes with the body’s ability to absorb some crucial nutrients like beta-carotene and lycopene.
- Carmel Coloring = produced with ammonia and puts off 2-methylimidazole and 4-methylimidazole which both are known to be linked to leukemia, lung, liver and thyroid cancers.
- Sacchrin = linked to bladder tumors
- Potassium Bromate = Causes thyroid and kidney tumors in rats. Banned from food in many countries.
- Butylated = preservative; (BHT and BHA); human carcinogen
- Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil = principal source of trans fat which directly is tied to heart attacks. Margarines use this. Best to use “light” butter because it digests through your body and has little calories. Avoid margarine.
- Sulfites = preservative used to maintain color in food. Related to breathing difficulties.
- Azodicarbonamide = most often used in industrial foam plastic. Found most often in Dunkin Donuts and McDonald’s burger buns
- Carrageenan = thickener; by-product of seaweed. Linked to cancer, colon trouble, ulcers, inflammation.
- Ammonium Sulfate = inorganic salt; most often used as fertilizer and appears commonly in flame retardants. Found in Nature’s Own bread and Subway rolls.
- Ailments Diseases and Disorders – Natural Treatments
- Bath, Beauty, and Body Products
- Bees and Honey
- Beneficial Foods
- Cold & Flu
- Companies to Avoid
- Cooking Oils
- Foods that Affect Behavior
- Freezing, Canning, and Preserving Foods
- General Info
- Health Info
- Natural Remedies
- Non-GMO and Organic Companies and Products
- Plants and Weeds and their Benefits
- Product Brands to Avoid
- Recipes and Cooking Preparation
- Unsafe Foods and Additives
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Weight Management