The following increase serotonin levels, which increase happiness:
- Leafy greens boost energy
- Cayenne peppers relieve depression
- Water gives you more energy and less stress
- Smiling releases happy hormones
- Green smoothie boosts energy
- Bananas boost serotonin
- Epson salt is calming
- Almonds is a brain food
- Spend time in nature
- Oats ease depression
- Walking clears the mind and boosts serotonin
- Raw honey is a super food
- Grass Fed meat – Animals that have been raised on grass pastures contain much higher levels of healthy conjugated linoleum acid, which stops stress hormones and protects our brain cells.
- Nuts and Seeds
- Free range, organic eggs – contains choline which is required for mental acuity and is packed with L-tryptophan, known to boost those happy hormones.
- Oily fish (mackeral, herring, salmon, sardines, trout) – high in omega-3 fatty acid, which keeps our brain stable.