- Grapes — Acts as expectorant. Make grape juice yourself and mix it with honey.
- Garlic — Anti-bacterial and anti-microbial. Boiling cloves of garlic (soup) will make it easier to breathe and alleviate itchiness. Add raw garlic to food. Eat one or two cloves per day.
- Apple Cider Vinegar — Mix 1-2 tablespoons with 8 ounces of water. Drink over time.
- Aloe Juice — Clears your passageways. Drink with honey or alone (latter is more effective).
- Licorice Root — Soothes irritated throats. Add one ounce of sliced licorice sticks to 1 quart boiling water, letting it steep for 24 hours. Add honey and drink.
- Hot Milk with Honey — For dry coughs. The combination of warm milk and honey, may help ease the roughness and chest pain. If consumed before bedtime, you would unlikely wake up in the middle of the night to cough.
- Ginger — Natural cure for cough. The ginger has to be partially sliced and boiled, and should be crushed a bit before boiling. Crushing it will help draw out the active ingredients. Drinking ginger as a tea will ease sore throat, non-stop coughing, and congestion.
- Mullein Tea — Acts as expectorant to draw out trapped mucous. For coughs and sore throats, fill a tea ball or strainer with dried mullein herb, then steep the herb in 1 cup of boiling water for 10 minutes. Add honey to boost the effect.