- Apple Cider Vinegar — Regulates clotting and reduces the duration of the period, and the amount of blood lost, preventing anemia. Its potassium and calcium can also reduce cramping by easing the muscles of the uterus. Take one teaspoon of unfiltered, organic apple cider vinegar with a cup of warm water before meals, 3 times daily.
- Blackstrap Molasses — Contains iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, selenium, manganese, and vitamin B6 to help with cramping, which eases muscles, reduce blood clotting, and make up for deficiencies ensuing blood loss. Take 2-3 tablespoons per day.
- Chamomile, Cinnamon, Mint — Calms the mind and body. Makes great tea with honey, lemon juice, and ginger.
- Reduce Intake of Salty Foods, Dairy, Caffeine, and Alcohol. These increase bloating and worsen cramping.
- Exercise — Reduces muscle tension and uterine cramping. Try walking 20 minutes a day.
- De-stress — Stress raises cortisol levels, which can suppress thyroid function, imbalance blood sugar, and compromise your immune system.
- Ailments Diseases and Disorders – Natural Treatments
- Bath, Beauty, and Body Products
- Bees and Honey
- Beneficial Foods
- Cold & Flu
- Companies to Avoid
- Cooking Oils
- Foods that Affect Behavior
- Freezing, Canning, and Preserving Foods
- General Info
- Health Info
- Natural Remedies
- Non-GMO and Organic Companies and Products
- Plants and Weeds and their Benefits
- Product Brands to Avoid
- Recipes and Cooking Preparation
- Unsafe Foods and Additives
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Weight Management