- Boost immunity to fight disease — Also aids in digestion due to being rich in vitamin C and potassium.
- Reduces blood pressure — Relaxes and dilates smooth muscles of the arteries.
- Fights common illnesses — Known as an antibiotic.
- Combats cancer — Enhances production of hydrogen, which prevents the development of cancer.
- Detoxifies the body — Contains multiple sulfur-containing compounds, garlic is able to stimulate liver enzymes responsible for removing toxins from the body. This is in addition to the allicin and selenium content of garlic, which are two vital nutrients that also assist the liver in fighting off toxic elements.