- Eliminate (or reduce) sugar.
- Herbal teas — Echinacea, elderberry, peppermint tea, green tea, and ginger.
- Green smoothies and juicing.
- Expose yourself to germs — your body learns how to fight and protect itself.
- Eat garlic — Anti-cancer properties, fights inflammation, detoxing, anti-infection, anti-viral, antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties.
5 Foods to Avoid When Sick
- Dairy products — increases mucus production
- Juice drinks — if you make your own juice, drink it. If you buy it from a store, they are full of sugar.
- Fried foods — produces inflammation.
- Fast/processed foods.